Racism, White Supremacy, and Societal Mental Health
On Monday, May 3, 2021, we submitted our petition to Yale, with the first 1000 mental health professional and 1 Congress member signatories. A citizen petition, independent of us, has also exceeded 4000 signatures.
Our Truth and Restoration Town Hall on “Racism, White Supremacy, and Societal Mental Health,” took place on March 13, 2021 (please see below for a recording of this event).
- Cornel West, Ph.D. – Dietrich Bonhoeffer Chair at Union Theological Seminary (starting in July 2021), Former Professor of the Practice of Public Philosophy at Harvard University, and Professor Emeritus at Princeton University
- Wade Nobles, Ph.D. – Professor Emeritus at San Francisco State University, Co-Founder of the Association of Black Psychologists, and Founder of the Institute for the Advanced Study of Black Family, Life and Culture
- Gregory Carr, Ph.D. – Associate Professor of Africana Studies and Chair of the Department of Afro-American Studies at Howard University and Adjunct Faculty at the Howard School of Law
- Cristalis Capielo Rosario, Ph.D. – Assistant Professor in Counseling and Counseling Psychology at Arizona State University and Former Officer of the National Latinx Psychological Association
- Alicia Mousseau, Ph.D. – Clinical Psychologist and First Out LGBTQ Vice President of the Oglala Sioux Tribe
- Kevin Washington, Ph.D., and Bandy Lee, M.D., M.Div. – Co-Chairs of the Town Hall and Board Members of the World Mental Health Coalition