Militarism, Imperialism and the Future of Democracy
Our Truth and Restoration Town Hall, “Militarism, Imperialism and the Future of Democracy,” took place on Sunday, September 19, from 1:30 – 3:00pm ET.
Co-hosts: Dr. Bandy Lee, president of the World Mental Health Coalition and Mr. Michael D’Antonio, Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and author of Never Enough: Donald Trump and the Pursuit of Success.
- Dr. Gabrielle Rifkind – director of Oxford Process, group analyst, specialist in preventive diplomacy and high-level mediation, and co-author of The Fog of Peace: The Human Face of Conflict Resolution.
- Dr. Timothy Naftali – professor of history at New York University, presidential historian on CNN, and author of the biography of George H. W. Bush in the American Presidents’ series
- Ms. Amy Wilentz – journalist, professor of the Literary Journalism Program at the University of California, Irvine, and author of The Rainy Season and Farewell, Fred Voodoo
- Dr. Sara Sarratt – emerita professor of psychology from Sonoma State University in California, professor of gender and peace building at the University for Peace in Costa Rica, and author of Gender, Shame and Sexual Violence
- Mr. David Cicilline – lawyer, U.S. Representative for Rhode Island’s 1st Congressional District, and member of the House Judiciary Committee.
- Mr. Richard Painter – professor of law at the University of Minnesota, former Chief White House counsel for George W. Bush, and former chair of CREW (Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington)