Dangerous Leadership, the Silencing of Experts, and the Erasure of Truth
The U. Penn. Center for Ethics and the Rule of Law held a major symposium on the Goldwater rule on Tuesday, May 11, 2021. Click here to read presenter papers.
We extended this discussion at our own Truth and Restoration Town Hall, “Dangerous Leadership, the Silencing of Experts, and the Erasure of Truth,” on Saturday, May 15, 2021 (please see below for a recording of this event).
- Jerome Kroll, M.D. – former chief psychiatrist of Community-University Health Care Clinic in Minneapolis, consultant to the University of Minnesota School of Law on incarcerated refugees facing deportation, and coauthor of “The ethics of APA’s Goldwater rule”
- Ellyn Kaschak, Ph.D. – one of the founders of Feminist Psychology, faculty at San Jose State University, the Universidad Nacional and the University for Peace, both in Costa Rica, and author of Sight Unseen: Gender and Race through Blind Eyes
- Robert Whitaker – Pulitzer-nominated investigative journalist, founder of Mad in America, and author of Psychiatry Under The Influence: Institutional Corruption, Social Injury, and Prescriptions for Reform
- Peter Pomerantsev – senior fellow at the Institute of Global Affairs at London School of Economics, author of This is Not Propaganda: Adventures in the War Against Reality and Nothing is True and Everything is Possible
- Kieran Keohane, Ph.D. – professor in sociology, co-founder of the Moral Foundations of Economy and Society research centre at University College Cork, and editor of The Social Pathologies of Contemporary Civilisation
- Ian Hughes, Ph.D. – cohost for the Town Hall and author of Disordered Minds: How Dangerous Personalities are Destroying Democracy
- Bandy Lee, M.D., M.Div. – president of the World Mental Health Coalition and editor of The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump